Post Office Murals
During the Depression in the 1930s and early 1940s, the government began a series of public works programs to provide jobs for the unemployed. Among these was a campaign to hire artists to paint murals for post offices across the country. On this page, you can see a few of these murals, and there are links to information about more of them.
- New Deal Art During the Great Depression
- Arkansas Post Office Mural Project
- New Deal Post Office Murals
- Off The Wall: New Deal Post Office Murals
- Post Office Murals in Nebraska
- Springfield Post Office Murals